just curious...

did anyone get any data?

Eu Jin Lok's image
Rank 9th
Posts 77
Thanks 31
Joined 21 Oct '10
Email User
Nope, I don't think anyone has. Should be in the next 10 minutes or so, or else it would be 5th of April when the official data release date (based on UTC time)!
Thanked by newmom

newmom's image
Posts 8
Thanks 1
Joined 25 Jun '10
Email User

ejlok1 wrote:
Nope, I don't think anyone has. Should be in the next 10 minutes or so, or else it would be 5th of April when the official data release date (based on UTC time)!

I agree,that's a good prediction!

newmom's image
Posts 8
Thanks 1
Joined 25 Jun '10
Email User
ok,it's april 5 now!

Allen G.'s image
Posts 1
Thanks 1
Joined 4 Apr '11
Email User

I'm waiting for someone on this forumn to post a neural net that predicts when the data will arrive.

Thanked by Daniel78

David Mantilla's image
Posts 2
Joined 28 Mar '11
Email User
P( missing data | forgot to click 'upload' ) = 0.9999999

cathoderay's image
Posts 2
Joined 29 Mar '11
Email User
I didn't see any data too.

davefernholz's image
Posts 1
Joined 5 Apr '11
Email User

404's galore on this site

Warren Blackwell's image
Posts 2
Joined 4 Apr '11
Email User
Data link currently says: "The first installment of data will be released later today (April 4, 2011)."

Billy Earney's image
Posts 1
Joined 30 Mar '11
Email User

me hungry for data

newmom's image
Posts 8
Thanks 1
Joined 25 Jun '10
Email User
I highly doubt that they mistake utc time for eastern time...

Jeremy Howard (Kaggle)'s image
Posts 167
Thanks 62
Joined 13 Oct '10
Email User

Jeremy from Kaggle here. Sorry for the delay gang - we're just waiting for the final checks to be cleared before we can release it. I'll give you an ETA as soon as I have one!

Thanked by newmom and FineLineSysDes

newmom's image
Posts 8
Thanks 1
Joined 25 Jun '10
Email User

jphoward wrote:

Jeremy from Kaggle here. Sorry for the delay gang - we're just waiting for the final checks to be cleared before we can release it. I'll give you an ETA as soon as I have one!

at least someone gave some explanation, thanks

Posts 167
Thanks 62
Joined 13 Oct '10
Email User
@davefernholz: This is a brand new platform so there's likely to be a couple of bugs that only turn up under a production load - if you see any problems, would you mind emailing the details to our CTO, Jeff Moser, at: jeff.moser@kaggle.com .

Posts 167
Thanks 62
Joined 13 Oct '10
Email User
OK we've finished the clearance checks - will be uploaded very soon.
Thanked by Warren Blackwell

Posts 167
Thanks 62
Joined 13 Oct '10
Email User
It's there now! Happy competing everyone! There will, as explained on the site, be a couple more data drops to come. There will be more years of data, and also (if the de-identification tests allow it) more information. However, I would expect the analysis you do on this reduced data set will still be extremely valuable, and will be very relevant to the larger data sets. I'm looking forward to spending some time analyzing the data myself - although I'm not eligible to win the prize, at least I'm still allowed to submit solutions for fun. :)

Flag alert Flagging is a way of notifying administrators that this message contents inappropriate or abusive content. Are you sure this forum post qualifies?