just curious...

did anyone get any data?

Nope, I don't think anyone has. Should be in the next 10 minutes or so, or else it would be 5th of April when the official data release date (based on UTC time)!

ejlok1 wrote:
Nope, I don't think anyone has. Should be in the next 10 minutes or so, or else it would be 5th of April when the official data release date (based on UTC time)!

I agree,that's a good prediction!

ok,it's april 5 now!

I'm waiting for someone on this forumn to post a neural net that predicts when the data will arrive.

P( missing data | forgot to click 'upload' ) = 0.9999999
I didn't see any data too.

404's galore on this site

Data link currently says: "The first installment of data will be released later today (April 4, 2011)."

me hungry for data

I highly doubt that they mistake utc time for eastern time...

Jeremy from Kaggle here. Sorry for the delay gang - we're just waiting for the final checks to be cleared before we can release it. I'll give you an ETA as soon as I have one!

jphoward wrote:

Jeremy from Kaggle here. Sorry for the delay gang - we're just waiting for the final checks to be cleared before we can release it. I'll give you an ETA as soon as I have one!

at least someone gave some explanation, thanks

@davefernholz: This is a brand new platform so there's likely to be a couple of bugs that only turn up under a production load - if you see any problems, would you mind emailing the details to our CTO, Jeff Moser, at: jeff.moser@kaggle.com .
OK we've finished the clearance checks - will be uploaded very soon.
It's there now! Happy competing everyone! There will, as explained on the site, be a couple more data drops to come. There will be more years of data, and also (if the de-identification tests allow it) more information. However, I would expect the analysis you do on this reduced data set will still be extremely valuable, and will be very relevant to the larger data sets. I'm looking forward to spending some time analyzing the data myself - although I'm not eligible to win the prize, at least I'm still allowed to submit solutions for fun. :)

Flag alert Flagging is a way of notifying administrators that this message contents inappropriate or abusive content. Are you sure this forum post qualifies?